Friday, February 15, 2008

Lozada: 'I am the least likely hero'

"I never imagined myself to become a hero, Mr. Senator."

Senate witness Rodolfo Noel Lozada Jr. gave this response when asked about his motives in testifying about alleged irregularities in the $329 million national broadband network deal between the government and China's ZTE Corp.

“Mayroon pa nga akong mga permissible zones di ba? Hindi ako pwedeng maging hero,” Lozada told Sen. Gregorio “Gringo” Honasan.

Honasan said that although neither he nor the upper chamber will be Lozada’s judge, the former president and chief executive officer of the Philippine Forest Corp. is still accountable to God and the Filipino people.

“I cannot judge you because I am not sure if what you’re doing is a selfish act of personal survival or an outright act of heroism,” Honasan said.

Lozada admitted being afraid for his life and that survival was one of the factors that led him to reveal what he knew. Read Full Article ...

No comments: